The new Windows Server 2022 includes significant improvements to Windows OS containers including smaller image sizes that save time downloading, while still being just as powerful with a simplified network policy in place.
Windows Server 2022 is the latest version of Microsoft's cloud-ready operating system. It comes with technologies that make it easier for you to migrate your workloads when you're ready. Plus, this plan offers a budget-friendly option so you can save money while still running the programs and applications your business depends on every day.
Windows Server 2022 Standard is the new leading server operating system, and it has several unique features that will make your business thrive. Not only does Windows Server 2022 offer fast performance as a reliable workhorse for all types of businesses, but also offers specific benefits to industries, too.
- Better scalability. A physical server can now have 48 TB of RAM, 64 sockets with 2048 Logical Processors (cores), and Hyperthreaded cores for up to 12TB of memory per VM! This provides great benefits for companies that need large VMs to run large databases
- Improved Windows Admin Center. Now, the Windows Admin Center has the ability to report on how Secured-core features are enabled and which ones can be activated. It can also provide access where necessary, so you can enable a feature if it is not already active.
- Rebootless patching. Windows Server 2022 offers rebootless patching, which allows patches to be applied without requiring a restart. This improves uptime and reduces the need for maintenance windows during updates.
- Trusted Platform Module. TPM provides storage for security data, such as your Bitlocker keys. It works with Secure Boot to ensure that all boot software (UEFI firmware and EFI applications) haven't been overturned by a rootkit.
- Virtualization-based security. VBS is a new technique that helps to keep your server safe from attacks. Credential Guard protects passwords and other sensitive information, and Hypervisor-protected code integrity makes sure that your computer systems are safe.
- Memory protection. The new Control Flow Guard protects your server against malicious applications corrupting the memory of legitimate programs. Additionally, Boot Direct Memory Access (DMA) protection stops attacks against Bitlocker and other security technologies that rely on storing data in memory while the system is running.
- More security enhancements. There are even more of the latest security functions that you can find on Windows Server 2022, including TLS 1.3 being enabled by default across your servers.
- Better Storage Migration Service. Enhancements to Storage Migration Service in Windows Server 2022 make it easier for admins to migrate storage from more source locations.